Your privacy is important to us, so we’ll strive to protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, we follow certain basic principles in accordance with global best practices relating to customer privacy and data protection. We won’t sell or give away your name, email address, phone number, billing address, credit card number or any other personal information to anyone without your express consent and we’ll use and only use the services of companies which use industry-standard security measures to protect your information from unauthorised users.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information and activity from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users download, activate and/or use Layers, visit or register on our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on Layers. We use but are not limited to using the following CRM / messaging applications and websites to store user information and / or communicate with customers: “Intercom”, “Mailchimp”, “Google Apps”, “WordPress”, “Envato ThemeForest”, “Envato CodeCanyon”
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Properties, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Personal identification information from the use of Layers
If activated explicitly by the user, we may collect and store personal information and activity based events related to the use of the WordPress installation and Layers. This information enables us to provide customised recommendations, support to the user via email and chat, and gain business insights into the overall use of Layers in the market. This information includes but is not limited to:
- User Display Name
- User Email
- User Signed Up Date
- User IP address
- Child theme name
- Child theme author
- Child theme author url
- Layers version
- WordPress version
- Website URL
- Layers page count
- WooCommerce Installed Status
- Easy Digital Downloads Installed Status
- StoreKit Installed Status
- DevKit Installed Status
- ColorKit Installed Status
- Any Layers extension Installed Status
- WooCommerce gets enabled event
- User completes onboarding event
- User completes site setup in dashboard event
- User activates child theme event
Web browser cookies
How we collect information
Our Site and services collection information via the following methods:
- If you register an account on Layers, we store your email address which is then subscribed to our newsletter.
- If you install Layers on your website we track how certain features are used, using Intercom, to help us improve the product.
- If you install Layers we capture your WP username which is used in our newsletters.
- You can opt out of this tracking by switching off Layers Messenger.
As part of GDPR’s “right to be forgotten,” we set up an email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for processing all specific requests for data changes, targeting opt-outs, and account deletions in a timely manner.
How we use collected information
Layers may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Properties.
- To chat in-app with the User
- We may use built-in interfaces on our Properties to initiate or continue communication with the User.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Properties and via 3rd party applications.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Properties that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Properties. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other websites, including websites which have a link to our Properties, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Notice to European Users
Please note that the information you enter on the Properties or otherwise provide to us may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area, for purposes of processing by Obox, located in Cape Town, South Africa, or our authorised partners, located worldwide, including countries which may not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required in the European Union, in order to provide this Site and its services to you. Article 26 of the European Union’s Data Protection Directive allows for transfer of personal data from the European Union to a third country if the individual has unambiguously given his consent to the transfer of personal information, regardless of the third country’s level of protection.
Security of Your Personal Information
Whilst we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, we take all commercially reasonable measures and precautions to keep it secure and protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure by following generally accepted security practices, including the use of encryption and logical and physical access control mechanisms. However, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information despite our best endeavours.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our Properties, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Properties. Your continued use of the Site or Layers following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.